When you go to an interview, prepare yourself thoroughly for it. Gather as much information as possible about the company you are going to for an interview. Find out, for example, how long the company has been on the market, what its history was at that time, when it appeared in Poland (if it is a foreign company), how many employees it has, who owns it, who its main shareholders are, etc. Also collect information about the position you are applying for.
During the interview you will usually also be asked the question: “Do you have any questions?”. In that case ask about the scope of responsibilities at the position you are applying for (unless you have been given this information beforehand), the character of work in a given company, and whether the company offers its employees any training system. Do not forget to ask about the type of agreement (employment, mandate or specific-task) and when the outcome of the interview will be known.
Websites to follow
Interesting job offers can often be found among the ads appearing on the following websites.
- Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS)
- Base of adverts of vacancies for scientific, academic and management of science positions in Poland
- Academic and research jobs in Europe
- Post-doc jobs
- European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO)
- National Science Centre (database of offers)
- Job offers (biotechnologia.pl portal)
- European EURAXESS database